Monday, February 7, 2011

ANOTHER iPhone app must have

Sorry for two iPhone app posts in a row, but I recently came across this one and had to share it. It's called Old Photo Pro, and it does just what the name suggests, makes your photos appear old and aged.
A clock in downtown Chicago
I found it just yesterday, and I really like it.  You have the option to even rough up the edges on the photo and different choices of "paper" for your photo.  I have tried to get a similar look on my photos using sepia tone and editing on my computer.  This app does all the work for me!
The El tracks
Along with being able to edit the photo in contrast, tone, and color, there is an option for cyanotype.
Like this
Personally, I'm partial to the sepia tone; overly blue pictures aren't really my thing.  And the best part about this app is...it's FREE!!  If you want you can pay $1.99 to remove the itty bitty ads at the bottom and for "HD".  Personally, I think the app works just find in regular definition and with ads.  These photos look good; however, after being on the iPhone, the images are reduced in size.  Too bad, because I would really like to print some of these.  The photos taken on my Canon Rebel T1i are able to be posters, but these might be able to be 5x7, and that's a pretty big MIGHT.
Lake Springfield back at home
Nevertheless, I like the app and the pictures still look good on Facebook, this blog, and as backgrounds on my iPhone!  If you have an iPhone or would just like more information on this awesome app, check out this website.

No comments:

Post a Comment