Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hipstamatic

Have you ever heard of lomography?
Lomography
Lomography is popular with the "hipsters" right now.  Lomography takes a different approach to photography in that its not about getting the "perfect" shot.  Every shot taken is art and has potential to be great.  Be a sharp shooter and take a shot from the hip; lomography is about having fun and making some cool pictures in the process!  It is usually shot using a plastic camera that sells for around $60 and uses 35mm film (dead technology).  There are various cameras available with different lens, flashes, film, etc.

Tools of the trade
However, you don't have to carry around these bulky cameras to achieve these effects!  For the lucky ones that have an iPhone, there is an app for that, and it's called hipstamatic!  Through hipstamatic you can switch out lenses, flashes, and even pick a film.

My first hipstamatic shot
The only thing I don't like about the app is having to purchase the bundles for the extra lenses, etc.  But it sure beats spending $60 every time I want to try out something different!  My very first day and week with this app, I couldn't put it down. I was taking pictures of the most random things, that I normally wouldn't.

While I was a work!
I had lomography fever!  I even took pictures of rubber bands!

My proof - "The Rubber Bands"
Nothing was safe from my hipstamatic app and my love for photography.  I purchased almost all of the lenses and add-ons the app had to offer.  Even though I have just about everything, I still use hipstamatic all the time.  I used it today when we went to the Art Institute, and tested my skills on

a knight and horse in armor
 and 

"The Bean" in Millennium Park.
The pictures are never the same and the various combinations of lenses and flashes ensures that.  I am just beginning to get into lomography and would like to be one of the guys carrying around that bulky plastic camera some time.  I hope I have piqued your interest in lomography and have inspired you to try something new today. 

It's a beautiful thing
Check out the rest of my hispstamatic shots on my Picasa Photostream on the right side of the page and feel free to send me some of your shots here! And for more information on this awesome app CLICK HERE!!

1 comment:

  1. nice photo's man, interesting stuff. check me out some if you like. blog is brand new so a little basic but will improve as time goes on.

    mr-sweet@live.com.au

    ReplyDelete