Wednesday, February 9, 2011

New Project

It seems that everyone and their dog is doing a photography project or another type of project for a year, a month, or 90 days.  I've been cruising other blogs and websites, and I have decided to do my own little project, something simple.  For a year (Feb 9, 2011 - Feb 9, 2012) I am going to take at least one photo everyday.  It could be something on my phone
The Christmas tree in Daley Plaza in Chicago
on hipstamatic
Seats at Lucas Oil Stadium (Indianapolis Colts)
or my Canon Rebel T1i
One of the first pictures I took with my Canon Rebel T1i
This not only will give me something to occupy my time, but I will get to do something I love every day!

I don't have a theme for my project yet, but in my mind, I think I will do different themes each month.  Perhaps for the rest of February, I might have the theme of snow (because Chicago is buried in it right now).  
Hard work
I've also been really inspired by Eric Kim and his street photography.  I think this theme will be present in my year long project too. He shoots with digital and film and his candids of strangers on the street are absolutely terrific.  I also came across a 365 day project on Flickr where they shoot an object everyday.  I hope you enjoy my 365 photos that are to come, and I will post them on my Flickr page.  I'll continue regular posts as well as updates on my project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment